Backend Software Engineer (m/w/d)
As a pioneer in recycling, upcycling and recompounding of plastics, the KraussMaffei Group has been involved in research and development on the subject of recycling for more than three decades, enabling processors to enter the plastics recycling sector.
Polymore will be our new B2B online marketplace for purchasing and selling compounds, recyclates and post-industrial waste in Europe. This is part of our contribution to the future to get the circular economy going and an example of our commitment to sustainability.
For our new development team, with about 5 developers, we are looking for a colleague in backend development for web applications.
- Within the team you will be responsible for the development of the backend for our new online B2B platform
- You will develop modern backend applications running on AWS
- You will be involved in the architectural planning and development of a microservice-ecosystem
- You will design and create APIs and data models
- You will work closely with product managers, designers, and frontend engineers to build technically challenging product for our clients
Skills and qualifications
- You enjoy coding and developing new ideas
- You have deep knowledge of JVM based languages (e.g. Kotlin)
- Experience with Kubernetes or Terraform and relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- You have already worked with the cloud platform AWS
- Agile methods like SCRUM are not new to you
- Experienced in the principles of version control and continuous integration platforms
- Flexibility, solution orientation & high quality awareness
- A degree in software engineering or related fields OR at least 2 years of in-depth experience in backend development
Why work with us
- Independent work in cross-functional, agile teams
- Intensive exchange with our enthusiastic developers
- Room for your own ideas and new technologies
- A modern workplace in our modern office with start-up character
- Ambitious team of individuals with unique backgrounds and expertise
- Modern tech stack, selected according to the team needs
- Flexible working hours incl. home office and 30 days holiday
What are you waiting for?
If you've always wanted to work on a project with a start-up character and want to create something completely new with a motivated team, send us your application documents straight away.